[digiKam-users] error start of internal server

Dr. Martin Senftleben linux at drmartinus.de
Mon Jun 20 10:39:19 BST 2022

Hi,

I was using digikam since version 2 or so and was mostly happy with it.
For some years I was also on this list, until I left it to reduce the
number of mails I am receiving and because I didn't have any problems.
This has changed. Already the before last version had trouble with the
database, which, however, I could solve with the help of some info
provided on the Internet.
This time it's another problem, which I cannot solve. I need to
translate from German, hence the wording might not be the same as you
might expect, but I hope you get the meaning. When starting digikam, I
get the following:

"Error when starting the internal server

The database process was stopped unexpectedly while establishing a
connection.
Program: mysqld
Arguments:
--defaults-file=~/.local/share/digikam/mysql.conf,
--datadir=~/digikam/.mysql.digikam/db_data,
--socket=~/.local/share/digikam/db_misc/mysql.socket
Process error: timed out"

The error occurs almost immediately after starting digikam. I checked
and found that in ~/.local/share/digikam/db_misc/ there is no file
called "mysql.socket". This probably explains the error. The question
is: why is there none?
The other mentioned files exist, and it worked all before the last
update with those files. I have version 7.6.0-4 of digikam, running
Manjaro Linux (64 bit) with all system files up to date.

I apologize in advance if that has been discussed before. I didn't find
anything in the archive or elsewhere on the internet.

Regards

Martin