[digiKam-users] Moving Digikam to new Windows PC

Rafael Linux User rafael.linux.user at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 21:21:47 BST 2022

On origin PC (Linux os):

   1. From Digikam, I took note from type of database (Internal MySQL) and
   where it was located
   2. I copied to USB the entire folder where database is located (a folder
   called "Digikam DB" where there are some ".db" extension files.

On destiny PC (Windows OS):

   1. I copied folder from USB used in previous PC
   2. In Digikam, I configured database options to "Internal MySQL" and
   pointed to copied folder

The first issue I observed, is that despite I locate MySQL binaries and
Digikam shows them as correct, each time I reopen DB configuration, binary
(executable) MySQL files appears as not located ....

Anyway, I launched Digikam and immediately it shows an error (I can't
remember exactly what was, but DB related).

Finally, I scanned again ALL my 20K photos cause no one replied to my
question in KDE - Digikam forum.

Thank you