[digiKam-users] color profile saving

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Mon Jul 18 09:38:09 BST 2022

Am 17.07.22 um 22:52 schrieb Maik Qualmann:
> Of course, even if color management is turned off, an existing color profile
> will be saved to the new image. Please describe in more detail in which image
> format you save and what format the original image had.
>
> Tested here with a PSD image using AdobeRGB 1998 and exported as PNG or TIFF.
>
> Maik

I did a small test right now:
- open a PNG that contains AdobeRGB profile
- save as JPG: profile is saved correct
- save as PNG: profile is gone, removed

(I didn't notice that the profile remains intact in JPG, because I
usually work with PNG. Also usually I do not "save as" but overwrite)

Here are the samples:

- https://www.daniel-bauer.com/div/IMG_0157.png
(34MB, Original with embedded AbobeRGB profile)

- https://www.daniel-bauer.com/div/IMG_0157_2.png
(36MB, original opened in digikam editor, "save as png", has no profile)

- https://www.daniel-bauer.com/div/IMG_0157.jpg
(6MB, original opened in digikam editor, "save as jpg", profile stays
intact)

--
Daniel Bauer photographer Basel Málaga
https://www.patreon.com/danielbauer