[digiKam-users] migrating digikam to new computer

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 16:17:57 BST 2022

Le mar. 12 juil. 2022 à 14:07, Cesar Inacio Martins
<cesar.inacio.martins at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi ,
> I use digikam 7.6 + internal mysql on windows.
> I'm replacing my computer.
> I already copy all my photos and folders to the new computer, keeping the same path.
> I've copied the folders below to my new profile.
>
> %userprofile%\DigiKamDB
> %userprofile%\AppData\Local\digikam
> %userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\digikam
>

> Installed digikam 7.6 .
> However ,when I start it , they don't recognize the database and configuration, they start as a fresh installl...
> What am I missing?  windows regedit ?

digiKam will not use (and will never use) windows registration
database to host settings.

The most important settings are hosted in the "digikamrc" file (INI
text file). Did you copy this file from your home directory to the new
computer ?

Best

Giles Caulier