[digiKam-users] DigiKam in Windows not recognizing cameras

Will Rose will.rose at outlook.com
Sun Jan 30 17:53:30 GMT 2022

On Windows 10 I've tried to import both from a low-end Motorola smartphone and an old Canon digital camera, and neither are detected by digiKam 7.5.0. I have to import via some other Windows program and it doesn't do a very good job, especially since it seems to mess up the "creation date" on some of my videos.

However, when I attempt to import from digiKam 7.5.0 (appimage) on Ubuntu, both the smartphone and the camera are detected just fine, and import works great.

Is this a known issue with the Windows version of the program? Is there a way to get it working?

Thanks!