[digiKam-users] 7.5.0 Appimage won't start

Jay jay at speedpost.net
Sat Jan 29 22:11:08 GMT 2022

Hi all,

I'm running Linux Mint 19.3.

I downloaded 7.5.0 Appimage and put it in the same directory as 7.3.0.

Set permission to executable.

When I click on 7.5.0, I see disk activity briefly, while 7.3.0 starts right up. Comparing the properties of the two versions appears to be identical. I have the same problem on both my Linux Mint 19.3 machines.

I see a reference to "glibc >= 2.29" but don't understand the implications of that statement.

I must be missing something and would appreciate a little help.

Jay Rutherford