[digiKam-users] Open two instances of database

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 12:45:34 GMT 2022

Hi,

Look on command line interface :

[gilles at localhost bundle (master)]$
./digiKam-7.6.0-20220124T102546-x86-64.appimage --help
-- digiKam Linux AppImage Bundle
-- Use 'help' as CLI argument to know all available options for digiKam
application.
-- Notes: to integrate this bundle to your desktop, use AppImageLauncher.
--        to enable all debug messages on the console, use 'export
QT_LOGGING_RULES="digikam*=true"'.
Check library libudev.so.0
Check library libxcb-dri3.so.0
Check library libcrypto.so.1.1
Check library libssl.so.1.1
-- Preloading shared libs:
:/usr/lib64/libxcb-dri3.so.0:/usr/lib64/libcrypto.so.1.1:/usr/lib64/libssl.so.1.1
Usage: digikam [options]
Professional Photo Management with the Power of Open Source - A KDE Family
Project

  -h, --help                  Displays help on commandline options.
  --help-all                  Displays help including Qt specific options.
  -v, --version               Displays version information.
  --author                    Show author information.
  --license                   Show license information.
  --desktopfile <file name>   The base file name of the desktop entry for
this
                              application.
  --download-from <path>      Open camera dialog at "path"
  --download-from-udi <udi>   Open camera dialog for the device with Solid
UDI
                              "udi"
  --detect-camera             Automatically detect and open a connected
gphoto2
                              camera
  --database-directory <dir>  Start digikam with the SQLite database file
found
                              in the directory "dir"
  --config <config>           Start digikam with the configuration file
                              "config"

[gilles at localhost bundle (master)]$

--database-directory is your friend.

Note: --config can be also used to specify a global digikamrc config file
at startup.

Best

Gilles Caulier