[digiKam-users] Organizing photos on multiple Digikam installations and with NAS

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Tue Jan 18 19:09:06 GMT 2022

Casey Finnerty <casfindad at gmail.com> wrote:
> [-- text/plain, encoding 7bit, charset: UTF-8, 44 lines --]
>
> I could use some help on setting up Digikam to use on multiple computers. I
> would like the best solution to accommodate the following parameters:

[snip requirements]

I use syncthing to synchronise several computers, among other things
it synchronises my Digikam files between my desktop and my laptop.

What I synchronise is just the album hierarchy, not the database or
configuration files.  This seems to work pretty well with Digikam
configured to always keep metadata in the image files.

This is between two xubuntu Linux systems, I've not tried it across to
other OS although syncthing is available for Windows and MacOs and
Android was well as for Linux. (I synchronise other files with my
Android phone, works well)

--
Chris Green
ยท