[digiKam-users] DK 7.4.0 Win64: not showing some network folders

Johan Kemnitz johan.kemnitz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 02:36:04 GMT 2022

Hi all,

Thanks for all the hard work on DK - awesome tool! The local thumb DB
introduced with 7.4.0 is fantastic :)

Unfortunately having a few seemingly related issues. Setup: main collection
hosted on Linux SMB server, also hosts MySQL databases in MariaDB. Win
10-64 "clients" (laptop, desktop, wife's laptop) access these but since
7.4.0 each are set to store thumbs DB locally.

Issues:

- since yesterday it will no longer show all folders in the NAS collection.
Only ~half the folders are shown in the album tree. Tried "Scan for new
items" and DB maintenance, no luck. Same result with different client PCs.

- refresh (F5) / add items takes a long time. It first re-generates
thumbnails (even if they already exist, it seems), then looks for new
items. So it can take several minutes for new files to appear.

- Browsing is generally slow. It still takes a while to load thumbs when
opening an album. Flipping through images in preview is noticeably faster
if there are fewer images in the album.

- I have "Monitor albums for changes" active as I like to occasionally edit
externally. DK used to immediately recognize new files if I dragged them in
from Explorer, but no longer. Refresh will find them, eventually.

I'm thinking of either removing / re-adding the NAS collection (will tags
etc. be preserved?) and / or doing a clean re-install of DK. Thoughts?

Many many thanks!
Johan