[digiKam-users] digiKam 7.4.0 ( snap) missing options

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Sat Jan 8 10:26:03 GMT 2022

On mardi 4 janvier 2022 19:51:34 CET Barbara J. Ahart wrote:
> I installed digiKam 7.4.0 via snap on Ubuntu 20.04. I wanted to use the
> Mysql database connected to Mariadb. When I go to Settings - Configure
> digiKam - Database, the only option available is SQLite. Am I missing
> something or is the option not available in the snap? The option for
> database migration is also missing. I would like to be able to test digiKam
> out to see if it will meet our needs for a library of almost 200,000
> images. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.
>

> Barbara Ahart
> https://DigitalDeliArchive.com

Programs from snap packages run in a sandbox. That means that their access to
other parts of the system is as limited as possible. And MySQL/Mariadb is not
part of the snap, apparently. There may be ways to allow access to programs
outside the sandbox, but that's a question about using snap packages.