[digiKam-users] Fwd: Importing from iPhone on Windows

Ola Hansson bjornola at gmail.com
Mon Jan 3 05:49:08 GMT 2022

address=a2hx5tdjt7b4 at opayq.com
Hi all,
my first question here. I've tried to find a solution but so far no luck.
I'm trying to import pictures and movies from my iPhone 7 to my Digikam on
Windows 10.
I haven't managed to get the phone recognised by Digikam and I believe it
is not supported. So, I have to use the Windows feature 'Import videos and
picture' when right-clicking on the Apple Iphone icon in Explorer.
it is very much a hit and miss with lots of import errors. It takes many
tries and sometimes windows just refuses to import a file.
If anyone is doing this successfully I'd like to know how.
I'm prepared to buy special purpose software if one can be recommended.
I'm not using iCloud for various reasons and I'm not prepared to leave
the Windows environment (yet).
I have 4000 pictures and videos on my phone and I need to cull them, but it
is too hard to do it on the phone. Better to import everything to Digikam
and then delete everything on the phone.
Thanks for your help!
Ola