[digiKam-users] How to do regular expressions?

Remco Viëtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Sun Feb 20 12:12:35 GMT 2022

On vendredi 18 février 2022 23:10:21 CET digikam at 911networks.com wrote:
> DT 7.5.0 appimage on debian
>
> I have been less than consistent with filenames. I have:
>
> - streets-vancouver-xxxxxx
> - vancouver-streets-xxxxxx
>
> How can I search for images that do not start with the word
> "vancouver".
I don't think that's possible, in that you cannot search for a string at the
start of the name.
But if your naming is consistent enough that you always have "-vancouver" when
it's not at the start of the name (and not names like "street vancouver xxx"
or underscores instead of dashes), you can search for that. Then perhaps the
rename function allows you to swap parts of the name (not tried/checked).