[digiKam-users] 7.5.0 crashes on new item check

Jay jay at speedpost.net
Sat Feb 5 21:51:23 GMT 2022

Hello,

After a clean install of Linux Mint 20.3, I copied my duplicated digiKam database from my cloud storage onto my hard disk, including database files. When I start up 7.5.0 Appimage, the check for new items takes 6 seconds to reach 98% complete, and hangs at that point. After about 11 seconds the program quits with no messages.

This repeats every time I tried to run digiKam, so I deleted the database files and started digiKam once more. It spent a long time rebuilding the database, and apparently crashed at 98%. Subsequent attempts to run the program gives the same result, software just quits at 98%.

Any suggestions where to go from here would be most appreciated.

Jay Rutherford