[digiKam-users] How best to temporarily remove People exif data

Dougie Nisbet dougie at katsura.uk
Wed Dec 7 12:15:31 GMT 2022

I usually strip out certain tags and data before sharing/uploading
photos. Geotagged data is quite easy using exiftool on the command line.
I'm a bit stumped with People.

I've considered:

1. Removing any People tags before exporting.

2. Exporting and trying to work out an exiftool command to remove on the
command line.

I was looking at dK's export to Smugmug option but couldn't see anything
there. Also, I prefer exporting to a local storage and uploading that
way as I feel more in control and it doesn't tie up dK for the duration
of the upload.

Option 2 is my preferred route but I'm still at the research stage.
Perhaps a list of tags in a flat file, or ideally specifying a single
top-level tag (People) that would work on the whole hierarchy. I'll
continue researching but rather than re-invent the wheel I wonder if
anyone else does this and has a one-liner.

Thanks

Dougie