[digiKam-users] Image Import from Android Device (MTP / PTP)

Martin Lux lux.martin at posteo.de
Fri Aug 19 09:58:16 BST 2022

Hi Digikam Windows Users,
is there a way to import images from an android device to digikam similar
to a digital camera / sd card on Windows 10 (protocol is PTP / MTP with a
Google Pixel 4a and Android 11)? I'm struggling to do it and the
documentation within the software is incorrect as the described options are
not available. I copied the images manually with the Windows File Explorer
from one folder to each other, but this is definitely not comfortable and
might cuase duplications / overwrites.

Thanks for your help in advance!
Martin