[digiKam-users] filtering pictures modified today

Marc Palaus marcpalaus at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 9 17:10:32 BST 2022

Hi Dougie,

My simple script was from back in 2019 and did not work anymore. I
checked, and yes, I had to run that same line to get the debug output.

Basically It's a wrapper script that launches digikam in debug mode, and
greps the lines that match new or removed items:

#!/bin/bash
export QT_LOGGING_RULES="digikam*=true"
~/Applications/digiKam-7.8.0-20220729T111547-x86-64_7f3f87dbfb7a3c7c7354f5517a91c209.appimage
--database-directory ~/Imatges/digikam-proves > digikamoutput.txt 2>&1 &

tail -f digikamoutput.txt | grep -E 'Adding new item|Removed items'

For the removed items, you will only get a number (the image id). You
can find the filename using sqlite3 and running a simple query:

sqlite3 -line ~/path/to/digikam4.db 'select * from Images where id = 16328;'

Someday I'll make a nicer version. I hope it helps,

Marc

El 26/7/22 a les 12:00, Dougie Nisbet ha escrit: