[digiKam-users] Can't find duplicate images anymore

loup+digikamusers at lo-cal.org loup+digikamusers at lo-cal.org
Sun Aug 7 04:30:00 BST 2022

I can no longer find duplicates using digikam.

I used to be able to find duplicates without a problem.  But now, when
using the same workflow as always, the duplicate list ALWAYS comes up
empty.  I've even tried copying one of the images to create an exact
duplicate and it can't even find that.

I've tried using the latest Ubuntu package (which give v7.5.0). the
latest snap package (v7.6.0) and the latest AppImage (v7.7.0).  All
behave the same way.

I'm not even sure how to troubleshoot this.

My workflow is:

  * tag all the images that I want to check with a unique tag.
  * Go to the duplicate panel and clear all the album and tag selections.
  * Select the unique tag from step 1.
  * Restrict to = "Only selected tab"
  * Similarity Range: 100% to 100% (I only want to find identical
    duplicates)
  * Restriction: None
  * The I hit "Update Fingerprints", wait for completion
  * Then "Find Duplicates"

This comes up empty.

If I set the similarity range to something wider, like 80% to 100%, then
I get some hits of similar pictures, but none of the -identical- pics
come up in the list.

What is going on?