[digiKam-users] How do I TOTALLY REMOVE digiKam and Maria DB and start over?

Glen glen at glenvision.com
Wed Aug 3 18:40:37 BST 2022

I'm having such a miserable experience trying to configure my current
installation of digiKam and MariaDB, I just want to totally wipe them
both from my hard drive and start over.

When I try to uninstall and then reinstall digiKam, instead of starting
over from scratch, digiKam annoyingly "remembers" its previous
configuration and I've effectively accomplished nothing. I want to
TOTALLY remove it, along with ALL its configuration data, and start over
from scratch, as if it had never ever been installed on my system.

Likewise, I want to do the same thing with MariaDB. At this point, I'm
pretty certain my database is corrupted.

After a few days of total misery, I just want to start over, instead of
trying to fix the corrupted current installation.

So, how do I TOTALLY remove both digiKam and MariaDB from Windows 10?

I've looked around online, but have not found an answer for this yet.

Thanks,
Glen