[digiKam-users] versions of pictures

frederic chaume frederic.chaume at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 10:04:56 BST 2022

Hi all

using DK7.6 on windows

One point I'm looking for is the link between the different versions of
a picture I'm generating from the raw to the different versions (format,
usage, size,..).  Purpose is to easily retrieve the differents versions
of the same pictures  without browsing the different album, or to check
if a jpeg for a particular usage hasn't been already generated,...
One solution would be to use the editor and use the version menu from
the right sidebar, but as I'm using an external editor , even launched
through the "open with" command, the link is lost.

So I try different solutions:

  * search tool with the name of the initial raw file (as I'm keeping it
    all along the different generation). That the better solution I've
    found, but it requires several manual operations and sometimes the
    version found are not accurate when I forgot to mark the group as
    "opened" in the display menu. One suggestion would be to run any
    search with this option set as "opened", this will ensure an
    accurate result
  * Similarity tool. simple to use , just right click on a picture.
    Unfortunately, not accurate (I tried with an indice between 80-100%)
    as it doesn't detect the similarity when the size is different or if
    you added a watermark. my Raw is generaly 4/3 and I can generate
    pictures in 3/2, 16/9,....
  * open with : I don't know if it would possible that in such case a
    link would be generated to be visible in the version
  * BQM: when I'm generating a new version using the BQM, no link is
    generated. couldn't it be possible to create the version link in
    that case ?(could be a 1st useful step)
      o by the way , possibility to add a tag in the BQM process would
        be also helpful (I think the request is already in bugzilla)

any comments or suggestions ?

Regards

Frederic