[digiKam-users] DigiCam wizard not starting?

Bryan Gillson bryan at gillson.net
Fri Apr 15 20:46:04 BST 2022

> Can I use the Synology Photos folders to work on in DigiKam?

I use this configuration, and it works quite well. Simply click the Add Collection button next to “Collections on Network Shares” in DigiKam’s configuration dialog box, and set the complete path to the Synology /photo folder as the root folder of the collection in DigiKam.

Because my wife and I both do some editing in DigiKam over the network, I also set up MariaDB via the Synology control panel and use that as the main DigiKam database. I then set a path to a local folder for the Thumbs DB Folder. This speeds access dramatically, since DigiKam no longer needs to reach across the LAN to generate and retrieve thumbnails every time you switch to a new folder.