[digiKam-users] Tags written by Gimp not read by digiKam

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 12:38:16 BST 2022

The list in the advanced metadata is checked in order. Therefore, the order
can also be changed. At the first entry where tags are found, the search is
aborted and these tags are used. The problem with external programs that
change tags is that they often only change a specific metadata tag. If tags
have already been set in the image, digiKam can already find tags before the
tag changed by the external program is checked. So either the tag that is
known to be changed from the external program move to first position. Or
activate the new option to merge all possible tags metadata fields.

Maik