[digiKam-users] DigiCam wizard not starting?

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 11:50:51 BST 2022

If this message appears, an outdated digiKam configuration file "digikamrc" must be
present. The correct location may not be displayed in the dialog. This is fixed with this
commit and will be available in the next MacOS version:

https://invent.kde.org/graphics/digikam/-/commit/
c821922fb6db40b133ae36486a561574cf50dc9c[1]

Look for this file in your system and remove it.

Maik

Am Freitag, 15. April 2022, 10:40:33 CEST schrieb Michael Schaaf:
> Dear all,
>
> I am new to DigiCam and have some questions:
>

>   1.  How can I access the support database?
> I have created a user.
>
>   2.  The installation of DigiCam went okay (MacOS) but starting the app
> shows me this:
 [cid:image001.png at 01D850B5.3BAF5A80]
> Probably not a bug, but there is no such folder and no such file
> “digikamrc”.

>   3.  How can I start this wizard please?
>
>   4.  Can I use the Synology Photos folders to work on in DigiCam?
> Synology Photos has the advantage that I can access the images from all PCs,
> iPads and iPhones within the WLAN, and even from remote, if I understand
> this correctly.
 Is there any suggestion from DigiCam or a white paper how
> to organize this with DigiCam to get the most out of this world and staying
> with DigiCam of course? 5.
> Thanks in advance, best regards
> Michael
>

> Michael Schaaf  | fon +49 172 5233633  | fax +49  7172 9340030   | mail
> michael at schaaf.com<mailto:michael at schaaf.com>

--------
[1] https://invent.kde.org/graphics/digikam/-/commit/
c821922fb6db40b133ae36486a561574cf50dc9c