[digiKam-users] Second copy of Digikam on Windows 7 PC possible?

Shel Ritter shelritterbmw at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 8 04:17:43 BST 2022

I've had a copy of Digikam installed and working well on my Windows 7 PC
for some time now. Recently I find myself wanting a separate copy of
Digikam to incorporate an completely different library of photos. Is
that possible?

I was wondering if that mcould be done by making a copy of the
\<user>\AppData\Roaming\digikam folder, and uninstalling the program,
deleting (or just moving) the original data folder, reinstalling it, and
importing a different folder & sub-folders from a different file
library. Then just switch the 2 \AppData\ folders when I want to switch
between libraries. I'm guessing things probably aren't that simple. Is
the any chance there's a more sophisticated method if possible at all?

I'm also wondering if there's any way to have DigiKam use the existing
files in the new library instead of copying them all to a separate
location. My libraries are pretty large.

Thanks for any feedback folks.
Shel