[digiKam-users] Restore Photos from Database

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 11:13:30 BST 2022

Hi, there is no tool in digiKam to deal with database contents
directly. You need:

1/ a script (to write in Python, Ruby, or Perl) to extract preview
blob from the database. The blob is an image saved in PGF format (an
open source image format based on wavelets compression WITHOUT
patents).

https://www.libpgf.org/

2/ The binary tool to convert PGF blob to PNG. I written a tool for
that in my github account :

https://github.com/cgilles/digikam-pgf-database

For 1/, i'm sure that somebody in this room has already written this
kind of script.

Best

Gilles Caulier