[digiKam-users] Help - Consolidation

David Prellwitz dprell at pacbell.net
Mon Sep 20 23:42:59 BST 2021

Sorry if this has been requested before - I just couldn't find any
references. I need to consolidation 20+ years of photos from myself, family
and friends.

My configuration:

1.	I have Windows 10Pro with:

a.	i7 3200 Processor; 32Gb Ram; 500GB SSD boot drive; NVida 2060 GPU;.
b.	(5) hard drives; 100Gb to 2Tb.

2.	Each hard drive is from a different CPU, and each has different
directories with various types of photos and videos.
3.	I've established a 680GB disk to accept all of the images for my
use.
4.	I've installed digiKam 7.3.0 for Windows.

My problem is how to get these into a common library/location for easier
management! (or, should I even do that?)

Questions:

1:            Can I use digiKam to find and consolidate those photos and
videos?

                If yes, how?

2.            If no, any suggestions on how to get this done?

Thank You!

/David