[digiKam-users] Any way to speed up DigiKam when I'm synchronizing image metadata with the database?

Glen glen at glenvision.com
Sun Sep 19 21:27:22 BST 2021

Is there any way to speed up DigiKam when I'm synchronizing image
metadata with the database?

I just wanted to rename a single tag that happens to be used in a LOT of
my images, and it's taking hours. The progress bar is still only at 38%.

I'm using DigiKam 7.3.0 on Windows 10. My database is on the same SSD as
my operating system. I'm using MariaDB, running locally.

My images reside on an external 8TB USB hard drive. There are a little
over 50,000 images in the collection, occupying about 750 GB of drive
space. Is that so huge, that it would take this long to update the tags?

In case it matters, the majority of my images are in various RAW formats
(PEF, DNG, and NEF). I also have several Photoshop PSD, TIFF, JPEG, and
PNG files.

Any suggestions for speeding this up, besides buying an expensive SSD
drive that can hold all my images? Are there any performance settings I
can tweak?

I appreciate any help!