[digiKam-users] Help! digiKam Hangs on Start up

Glen glen at glenvision.com
Sun Sep 19 05:00:40 BST 2021

I have good news and bad news. First, the good:

After several hours of tinkering and searching for answers online, I
finally got digiKam to launch reliably! 😁

Now, the bad news:

It seems my original database was corrupted, and I've had to start over
with a new one. The metadata that was written to the image files is
still intact, but everything else is lost. Since the majority of my
images are RAW files, which had no metadate written to them, this means
I'll have to tediously retag all those RAW files again.

On the bright side, this being my second time for tagging all those RAW
files, I've at least gotten some practice at doing it! 😂