[digiKam-users] Can I copy all tags from one image and paste them to several other images?

Remco Viƫtor remco.vietor at wanadoo.fr
Fri Sep 17 14:15:48 BST 2021

On vendredi 17 septembre 2021 15:00:09 CEST Glen wrote:
> I'm in the process of organizing a large collection of images, and it
> would be extremely handy if I could do the following:
>
> 1) Select one image that is fully tagged with several tags.
> 2) Simultaneously copy all those tags for that image to the Windows
> clipboard.
> 3) Select several other images that should have the same tags.
> 4) Paste that collection of tags to all those images simultaneously.
>
> Is there a way to do this with Digikam?
>
> So far, I've had to manually add all the tags individually. This takes
> far more time, and is prone to error.

That's more something for tools like Exiv2 or Exiftool. The exact way of doing
things depends on the file type: raw files or image files (jpg, tiff, png,
...), as it's not advised to write such metadata directly to raw files.

But you can do something like it under digikam:
- select all the images to which you want to add tags from a source image;
- *then* add that source image to the selection;
- check/tick the tags you want added to the others;
- apply.

You can also apply tags/title/caption/rating directly to several (selected)
images.