[digiKam-users] Imilarity.db

Boz Avram theodormcl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 14:15:25 BST 2021

Hello,
First, a big thank you to the developers (and contributing users) for providing us an ever improving, and already a very capable package.

My question is regarding the similarity db, with an apriori apology  if the answer was provided somewhere (i tried, really tried to find it, but did not have much success):
Using DB Browser for SQlite, i see a table ImageSimilarity, which has two fields of interest to me, Imageid1 and Imageid2 (along with a field that shows computed similarity between the two. If, for one record, I use the two image IDs to lookup in digikam4.db, I don’t get images that have any similarity. Hence the ImageSimilarity table IDs seem to point to something else?
Any clarification of this similarity DB, which would allow me to manually locate the  images of similar pairs would be highly appreciated.
The context of this inquiry is that I would like to programmatically remove some of the duplicates, as there are thousands of them.
Thanks much in advance, Theo

Sent from my iPad