[digiKam-users] Digikam Map Feature to use with Google Maps

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Sat Oct 23 14:44:32 BST 2021

Am 23.10.21 um 15:18 schrieb tirohn at outlook.com:
> Hi there
>
> Is there a way to let DigiKam know the Google Map API key, so I can use
> that map properly?

Google is not happy enough with getting all your private data, it wants
even more $$$ than it makes with selling your personal life.

As much as I know it depends on the amount of requests of an app how
money-hungry google gets. I think digikam cannot know how many requests
would be done by its users, so this could be a not calculable number -
besides of that digikam is free software, even without stealing and
selling your data and thus from my point of view cannot finance google.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong...

--
Daniel Bauer photographer Basel Málaga
https://www.patreon.com/danielbauer