[digiKam-users] Can not send / delete files to trash

Torstein Hall hall.torstein at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 20:52:26 BST 2021

After moving my Digikam database and program to a new PC with Windows
11have a strange problem occurred.
It started with my directory where my photos are stored suddenly was write
protected in windows.  That problem was not fixable anywhere but from a
command line.  (attrib -h  d:\bilder )
After that operation all programs  including digikam can delete files
directly.

But I can not move the files to the trash directory in Digikam anymore. I
have to delete them with SHIFT / DEL . Thats rather unsafe, they don't end
up in system trash, but seems to be deleted for good.

So if anyone can help me with getting my Trash directory working again, it
will be highly appreciated!

Best regards Torstein