[digiKam-users] Moving Digikam to a new PC

Daniel Bauer linux at daniel-bauer.com
Mon Oct 11 13:50:12 BST 2021

Am 11.10.21 um 14:14 schrieb Torstein Hall:
> I will have a new PC, arriving  tomorrow evening.
>
> Suggestions for the smartest way to move digikam, photos and digikam
> database  will be highly appreciated.

I use the SQlite database and my last move I did like this:

- install digikam on the new PC
- copy the digikam settings file to the new computer in the correct
location (in my case /home/daniel/.config/digikamrc, but it depends on
your system)
- open digikam and adjust the paths for the database and the root-album
in the settings
- close digikam
- copy the database files (overwriting the newly generated ones) to the
new destination
- copy all image directories and files to the new destination

This worked for me several times. Wait a little bit if somebody sees
something I have forgotten or has a better way :-)

--
Daniel Bauer photographer Basel Málaga
https://www.patreon.com/danielbauer