[digiKam-users] SSL Handshake Failed - Geolocating images with Open Street Map

Olivier Croquette ocroquette at free.fr
Wed Oct 6 07:23:40 BST 2021

Am Dienstag, 5. Oktober 2021, 21:31:09 CEST schrieb Dougie Nisbet:
>> This seems specific to Open Street Map. It's ok with geonames.org but
>> this doesn't have much detail beyond country name. I had a look through
>> the Settings but I can't see anywhere it authenticates.

Authentication doesn't play any role in the SSL handshake. Something is
probably wrong with the certificates, or something is interfering on the
network between your computer and the server.

Try this out on the command line:

openssl s_client -connect www.openstreetmap.org:443

It will create a SSL connection to the www.openstreetmap.org server. It
should not give any error. You can quit with CTRL-C.

You will have to find and try the actual server that the client is using
and replace it accordingly on the command line.

Olivier