[digiKam-users] exiv2 corrupted image metadata

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Mon Nov 22 19:14:16 GMT 2021

Yes of course it helps, in the next Exiv2 version it will probably be fixed.
Robin was very fast to analyze and fix this bug. You should thank him. But it
is also a Sony problem if they break Exif specifications. Your image is very
large compared to the samples on the web, have you set a very high JPG
quality? I suspect that Sony also saves the thumbnail with this high quality,
which then becomes too big for the Exif Makernotes tag.

Maik