[digiKam-users] Digikam fails to start after selecting "Similarities" tab

Dirkjan Krijnders digikam at krijnders.net
Tue May 25 10:46:31 BST 2021

Hi All,

I’m running digikam for a few years now with great succes, currently on version 7.2.0. However, yesterday I selected the “similarities” tab and digikam stoped responding and eventually crashed. When restart it hangs at “Checking ICC repository”.

My setup is a macbook pro 2015 running Big Sur with the digikam photos on a synology NAS mounted via SMB. The database is a mysql database on the same NAS. Looking at the mysql activity during the hang I see "SELECT value FROM ImageSimilarity WHERE ( imageid1=? OR imageid2=? ) AND algorithm=?” queries for a while, but after about an hour mac os kills off digikam due to its memory usage (if I interpret macOS correctly).

It seems something is wrong with the similarity database (mysqlcheck says it is OK), can I start digikam without going to the similarities tab immediately?
Thanks for any help,

Dirkjan