[digiKam-users] Hope this is not OT

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed May 12 09:50:34 BST 2021

Le mer. 12 mai 2021 à 04:39, Errol Sapir <errol at tzora.co.il> a écrit :

> Hi All
>
> I am now trying Manjaro KDE after many years of Kununtu. Of course I am
> also planning to transfer (or redo) my Digikam from Kubuntu to Manjaro. I
> have however a photo question that doesn't specifically apply specifically
> to either of these programs. As I said in the subject I hope it isn't OT
> but as it is photo connected and I hope Digikam can help as well I would
> appreciate the help of anyone who can. If it is OT the moderators can
> remove my post and I will understand.
>
> I am transferring all my slides (and eventually negatives) to digital
> format. I am looking for a one-click solution (program) that will restore
> colours back to normal.

You want mean to invert color ? If yes, ImageMagick is your friend,
especially -negate option:

https://superuser.com/questions/1194468/invert-colors-with-imagemagick

This can be scripted of course to parse and process automatically all files
from your collection. And of course, all can be done de facto under Linux
from command line.

Else, In digiKam, Invert Color tool from Batch Queue Manager can be used.
Create a new Queue, assign items to process, configure the output options
(path, file name, etc...), assign Invert tool + the convert format if
necessary, and... you can take a coffee.

Best