[digiKam-users] wrong picture rotation

Rob Dueckman duke at dukey.org
Mon May 3 17:51:13 BST 2021

I had the same kind of problem with I had "side car filenames are
compatible with commercial programs" selected and I had HEIC and JPG
files.

It appeared that the sidecar information was being taken in priority
over the metadata in the file.

As I have no need for other applications to read the sidecar files, I
just turned off the option and things started to behave as expected.  I
did have to fix all the wrongly rotated files though.