[digiKam-users] How to remove duplicate album

Andrew Goodbody ajg02 at elfringham.co.uk
Sat Mar 27 23:27:41 GMT 2021

On 27/03/2021 20:54, Tom Rice wrote:
> I mistakenly created a second copy of an Album. How do I remove it in
> Digitkam 7.2 running under Windows 10 without deleting all of the images
> in it?

Be very, very careful. Digikam albums are a direct view of the file
system. What you do with images in digikam is happening directly in the
file system.

I would start by making sure you have a backup. Make very sure you have
a backup. I would close digikam and use Explorer in Windows, ie the
native file manager. Make sure you understand what is the current state
of the files and only then if there is indeed duplication of a folder
should you delete it. At the very least allow it to be deleted to the
wastebasket, do not permanently delete in one go. As an alternative just
move the duplicated folder out from under the folders that are in the
digikam collection. Verify that the original files are still in place
then restart digikam.

Go slow and keep it simple. Do not empty the wastebasket until you are
sure that all is OK.

If anything does go wrong, you have the backup. You do have a backup
don't you?

Andrew