[digiKam-users] can't open digikam

Maik Qualmann metzpinguin at gmail.com
Wed Mar 17 20:43:13 GMT 2021

You are using the internal MySQL database, according to the screenshot.
Ok, I have bad news, the database is probably broken. We had a bug in
digiKam-7.1.0 and lower that we did not shut down the internal database server
correctly when quitting digiKam. This could destroy the database. This problem
has been fixed in the current release candidate of digiKam-7.2.0. Please
download here: https://files.kde.org/digikam/
You have to delete the MySQL database in the specified folder and start with a
new one.

Maik