[digiKam-users] Collaborative Photo Organization

CanadaRunner schmidlorenz at gmx.ch
Wed Mar 3 09:02:08 GMT 2021

We're a group of several people working on different projects together.
As a base infrastructure we have one file server.

Unfortunately finding the right pictures in this hierarchic file
organisation is super cumbersome.
For that reason I look for an option of a collaborative photo organisation.
These is my requirement list:
- different people can add new pictures to the shared library/db
- different people can at the same time tag pictures, edit , etc. (mainly
tagging)
- No lock on the entire database when someone is working on the DB.

Can this achieved collaborative working be achieved with DigiKam. As I
followed from reading the manual this should be no problem when using a
shared, remote database (e.g. mysql) which isn't lock to one single user.
But I don't now how the interaction is done of DigiKam with the database.

Thanks for your response, or links of similar successful endeavours.