[digiKam-users] Changing the layout

Quincy bbc.quincy at gmx.de
Sun Mar 7 15:49:19 GMT 2021

digikam-2 wrote
> I'm also on KDE.
>
> Problem, as I moved the panel like you described, for a minute it
> became vertical, just like I wanted.
>
> Then as I tried to position the strip, it became horizontal.
>
> How to I reset to original, to do the "correct" positioning?

There is no "reset layout to original" function as far as I know.

You can always grab (again) on the strip, which is on the left end when
horizontal or on the upper end when vertical, and move it (while keeping the
mouse button pressed) somewhere else. As long as you don't release the
button the new position where it will "snap in" is only highlighted (light
blue in my case). You can snap it to any side around the preview picture or
even leave it free floating overlaying the image.

I hope that helps, as I don't exactly understand how it could turn around by
itself.