[digiKam-users] Batch Queue Manager - Creation of albums/directories

Quincy bbc.quincy at gmx.de
Wed Mar 3 09:19:54 GMT 2021

Hello everybody!

I have a hierarchical structure of albums with TIFF images and want to
convert those to JPEG into a new album retaining the original structure of
folders.
Using the Batch Queue Manager for conversion is easy and I can also put all
images from the complete hierarchy into the queue with one click (including
the "Album Sub-Tree" in the view). Output can be redirected to a new album,
but there all images are written into one single, flat directory. I cannot
find a way to recreate the old structure with subdirs/subalbums. One can
rename the individual images with part of the directory tree ([dir] and
[dir.] options in the "File renaming" tab), but this is not what I want,
because I end up with very long filenames and would have to use some other
magic to recreate dirs out of those filenames.
Sure I could run the queue one by one for each subdirectory and create the
new structure manually, but that is not what batch automation is about,
isn't it?

Thanks
Quincy