[digiKam-users] Issues with Date while importing images

Ramnarayan.K ramnarayan.k at gmail.com
Wed Jun 30 10:28:32 BST 2021

Hello

This is a recurring issue

I have an external drive where I keep all my pictures

I use the import from usb storage tool to get the pictures from the SD cards

While importing i Like organizing them by date following the format and
renaming them to have the date appended to the front of the original file
name

Year (folder)
Month (Sub folder)
Date (sub-sub folder)

In the import "File Renaming" options this is my current format
Customze *[date:yyyyMMdd][file]*

this comes with the rider Note - File Meta Data Not Used

In *Auto Creation of Allbums* option I use the following settings

Date Bsed sub-albums

Date Format Custom *dd*

(attaced below is the screen shot)

The reason I use dd is because i rename my months to look like this

01_January_2021

02_February_2021

and so forth --

this kind of customization is not available via the date based sub-album
import feature.

*The issue is* Digikam is renaming the files with the wrong date - usually
a day later - this is not for all the files on a certain date but for some
usually that are later in the evening

I Have checked the timezones on the Cameras, and the computer they are all
set to the Same Indian Standard Time

As you may realize, then having to find and rename those files is a huge
headache - because sometimes I will have a week to 10 days worth of
pictures from a trekking trip.

***

Specs

Digikam 6.4.0

running on Linux Mint 20 Ulyana \n \l

on the repos there is no later version that is available and I don't like
using flatpak installations.

***

Look forward to your advice

thanks