[digiKam-users] People thumbnail not zoomed to face?

KfUT10yxdw KfUT10yxdw at protonmail.com
Wed Jun 23 23:27:53 BST 2021

Tried responding a couple times through nabble over the past couple months, but it hasn't been working, so trying by email.

Seeing it specifically with Fujifilm RAF raw image files. Upon further testing not seeing the same issue with Canon CR2 files.

There seem to be two versions of the issue I am seeing, one where it picks a similarly sized spot elsewhere in the frame, and one where it instead shows the full image. Both are demonstrated in the linked screenshot. https://www.flickr.com/photos/193282201@N06/shares/3X6a13

The RAF files are stored locally in an x86 desktop. Issue identified in Fedora KDE, but I have now also tested and confirmed it in Windows 10 as well.

With a fresh install on Fedora KDE, it appears to be triggered by enabling “Read from sidecar files” while “Write to XMP sidecar for read-only item only” is enabled in Metadata->Sidecars, even when writing facetags is not enabled in Metadata->Behavior