[digiKam-users] Exporting RAW as full-resolution JPEG

Olivier Croquette ocroquette at free.fr
Sun Jun 6 22:12:41 BST 2021

Hi,

I am struggling with a simple task: exporting some raw images from my
albums to an arbitrary directory (outside of the albums). I would like
to keep the original resolution of the images (4608x3072 or vice-versa).
The menu item "Export / Export to local store" sounds promising, but I
have two problems with it:

- The "Image length" in the dialog seems to be limited to 4000 px. At
least I cannot enter any bigger number, like 4608

- Even if I set the "Image length" to 4000 px, the exported JPEG is
1616x1080. At first, I thought that I was hitting another limit, but now
I think DK exports the embedded thumbnail instead of "rendering" the raw
image

As a workaround, I fired up RawTherapee and exported the images from
there. It is a bit cumbersome, but it works.

Is there anyway to export the raw images from DK? If not, a warning in
the export dialog would be nice.

Independently of raw images, I think the export function could benefit
from the following improvements:

- Add an option to export without changing the image resolution

- Add an option to prevent up-scaling (or is that the case by default?)

Best regards
Olivier