[digiKam-users] Any new 7.3.0 .deb-Package anywhere?

pixelpiet at web.de pixelpiet at web.de
Tue Jul 20 13:04:30 BST 2021

Hi there :-) 7.2.0 of Digikam works still ok for me (i took the updated
german translations file from the appimage) . But now there is the final
version 7.3.0 with bugfixes and new functions. On the Digikam-site there
is a alternative package download link to rob sarvoury on launchpad. His
deb-packages work perfect for me with installmanager, but til now, he
didn't make a new deb with 7.3.0.

I downloaded then the appimage version. But this is not well integrated
in the running system. For example, i cant get "open with" for pictures
to work like in the deb-installed 7.2.0. And there are some other points
i prefere the normal deb-installation.

Can please anybody get in contact with rob sarvoury to make a new
version of his deb-inatall with 7.3.0? Or is there any official
possibility to install a deb-package wich is updates as expeditiously as
the orignal packages??

Linux is realy fine, but it is a real challange and to get software with
the regular app-manager. Wether app-images nor flatpacks are are as easy
to handle like a good managed deb-installation. That realy works good.

Greets pp