[digiKam-users] Complete newb need help

Gr8fulmomma h gr8fulmomma at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 06:58:57 BST 2021

Hi all,

I'm completely new to Digikam and computers set up in general.  This is my
first time setting up a computer actually.

I have a new computer that had zero photos on it yet.  I opened dk and told
it to import the photos.  It is importing them to a folder named digikam in
my "this pc" in the file explorer.  I think that maybe I was supposed to
import them from my card to a folder(s) under pictures then import to dk so
I don't have one huge, unorganized folder with tens of thousands of images
but maybe not.  Could someone please confirm If ALL of my photos just go in
one file or if I need to delete them and import into pictures then import
into digikam?

It doesn't seem to cover it in the documentation and I didn't find it in
FAQ either.

Thank you for your help.

Jenn