[digiKam-users] Red Eye removal doesn't honour selection

Liam Gretton liam.gretton at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 12:12:21 BST 2021

In the Image Editor, the Red Eye tool doesn't seem to take the current
selection into effect and works across the whole image as far as I can tell.

This generally makes red eye removal attempts very awkward to work with
due to the time taken to process a whole image, but I expect in some
cases will change unintended regions of the image that are mistakenly
identified as eyes.

The Online Handbook shows the Red Eye tool in action with a selection
made, so I guess I'm doing something completely wrong but can't work out
what it is. Is there a special way to make a selection in the Image
Editor that isn't as simple as dragging a box with the mouse?

I'm using 7.3.0 on Windows 10, but the problem was there in 7.2.0 too.