[digiKam-users] DK 7.3: Cannot cut/paste images

Thomas D sdktda at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 11:05:34 BST 2021

Hi,

Using DK 7.3 in Windows 10.

When I  select a few images in DK --> Right click --> Cut ; then go to a
folder in Windows Explorer --> Right click --> Paste , then the files
selected in DK are copied into the folder open in Explorer. However, they
are NOT removed from the album in DK. This is very confusing and seems like
a bug. In all other programs, if I select a file and select Cut, then go
somewhere else and select Paste. Then the selected files are *moved* - not
copied. This is also the behavior if I Cut and  Paste files inside of DK.
Am I the only one experiencing this behavior with DK when cutting something
inside DK and pasting outside of DK?

BR
Thomas