[digiKam-users] unable to remove stars

frederic chaume frederic.chaume at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 08:21:27 BST 2021

Hi Maik

here are some precision on the scenario I used:

I have configured my camera to generate RAW + JPEG, then after import I
have the following file in the folder:
PIC1.RAW
PIC1.JPEG

then I filter RAW only , switch to full screen mode and then put 2 * on
the RAW.  After synchronization the result is the following
PIC1.RAW **
PIC1.JPEG **

and then I try to put 0 * on the jpeg, but after synchronization, the
jpeg is back with 2 *

so I put 3 * on the RAW file in normal screen view  and after
synchronization
PIC1.RAW ***
PIC1.JPEG ***

seems that I'm unable to change the information on the JPEG, without
changing it on the RAW
this confirmed what you are saying, and the dependency of different
image with the same basename (that wasn't the case in DK7.2, except when
using the full screen mode)

Based on your comment below  I have renamed the JPEG in order to have a
different basename
PIC1.RAW ***
PIC1-ORI.JPEG ***
but I have the same behavior, unable to change the * of the JPEG without
changing the * of the RAW. Is it normal ?

Now I was thinking that the "compatibility" was only applicable to the
sidecar , then the RAW file, so not sure to understand the relationship
with the JPEG (where metadata are embeded into the file, right ?)

thanks for your help